-Official Rules of the Contest-
1. The race is presented for the benefit of Presenter, Child Care Development
Services, Inc., (CCDS) a charitable organization under section 510c (3) of the
Internal Revenue Code.
2. A maximum of 2,500 ducks will be entered in the race; chances of
winning depend on the total number of qualified entries (duck adoptions sold).
3. Ducks will be launched into the Sandy river at 4:30 PM Saturday,
July 19, 2007. Race officials will retrieve the ducks. No
attempt to interfere with any duck is permitted unless deemed
necessary by the race committee.
4. All ducks entered will be provided and remain the property of the
5. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completely filled
out and delivered to the CCDS or an authorized representative of
the CCDS. Mailed entries must be received by July 14, 2007.
At the Presenter's discretion, phone-in credit card entries may be
6. Entrants must be 18 years old to adopt a duck and must prove
eligibility at time of adoption.
7. A number will be attached to each duck, which corresponds to the
number assigned to its adoption paper. Prizes will be awarded to the
persons whose names appear on the adoption paper corresponding to the
qualifying retrieved ducks.
8. The number assigned to each duck and adoption paper, will correspond to
the number on a two-part theatre style ticket. Presenter will draw winners
from these tickets in the event the race cannot be completed in the water for
9. Winners will be announced the day of the race. If not present, the
prize winners will be notified by U.S. mail or telephone. If any race
winner does not claim his or her prize within one year after written
notification of winning, the Presenter may select a substitute winner
through a random drawing of adoption papers. All prizes will be
10. By adopting a duck, winners consent to the promotional use of
their names and likeness without additional compensation.
11. By adopting a duck, entrants release Presenter and its members,
agent, employees, and other related entities from any and all
liability with respect to prizes.
12. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and
regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
13. Duck Central is CCDS located at, 123 E. Powell Blvd, Gresham, OR.
with Adoption papers and information available
14. An independent certified accountant will audit the conduct of the race.
A representative of the Presenter will make all
decisions and interpretations of the rules and regulations and its
judgments are final.
15. The Child Care Development Services, Inc. and event Logo
are trademarks of the Presenter and no other person or entity is
authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the written
consent of Child Care Development Services, Inc. Chances of
winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.