- I would like to host a training at my center! To host a training at your location give us a call at 503-489-2599 and we can schedule a date for a Saturday. We offer 2 free spots for your employees and require that the doors be opened 30 minutes prior to the start time. Workshops on weeknights can also be arranged. We will open these classes to the public and registration will be on a first come first serve basis. All participants will be required to pre-register and pay in advance. In the event there are not enough people pre registered to hold the class, it will be cancelled with a 36 hour prior notice.
- I need a private class! Private classes are for anyone who needs a class right away or wants to take the class with just people they know. You set the date and time and we come to you. These classes are not open to the public. We require the minimum payment in advance.
Frequently asked questions:
- What happens if I show up late? You will not be allowed to stay and get your certification if you are late to a class, regardless of the reason. It is not fair to the other students that made it there on time and valuable information has been shared that is required for certification. A rescheduling fee will apply to all missed classes.
- What happens if I don't show up to a class? You will forfeit your registration fee and will need to sign up again. No excuses are accepted.
- What should I wear to class? You want to wear clothes that are comfortable and not too revealing. T-shirt and jeans or sweat pants are fine, as you will be doing skills practice on the floor.
- Is there a scheduled lunch break? No, there is no scheduled lunch break. We break for about 10 to 15 minutes every couple of hours and you are welcome to snack during the class.
- What should I bring? You should bring a sack lunch, a bottle of water, and a pen to write with. We do hold most of these classes in child care centers and they don't always have adult chairs for us to sit on. You are more than welcome to bring your own chair or pillow to sit on.
- Can I bring my child to the classes? No children are allowed at the classes and we do not provide child care. If you are breast feeding, arrangements can be made for you by calling 503-489-2599.
- Can anyone take these classes? Yes! These classes are open to the public and are recognized by the state for certification. These classes meet all requirements for child care providers and other organizations that require their employees to become certified.